PMDA Medical Directors Forum listserv is designed to enhance communication and collaboration among PMDA members who serve as Medical Directors of long-term care (LTC) facilities. The intent is to foster discussion and information sharing regarding administrative, clinical, and best practices issues related to LTC medicine.
This is an email only forum, and can by accessed only by approved PMDA members who serve as Medical Directors of long-term care (LTC) facilities.There is no online or official archiving of responses to an individual question, or of past discussions.
Recent discussion topics have included:
- Neurocheck protocols
- Prune whip recipe
- POLST and Catholic facilities
- How to write podiatry (and other consultation) orders in LTC
- Implementing POLST in LTC
- Completing face-to-face documents for therapy
- Request approval for inclusion on the listserv by emailing a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit a question to the listserv by sending email to email@example.com
- If approved, the question is then sent to all members on the listserv. Individual members may respond to the question by a reply email - click "reply all" to send to the entire listserv
PMDA/Pennsylvania’s Association for Long-Term Care Medicine provides this listserv only as a service to members. PMDA does not control, endorse, or edit the content of any e-mail posted to the group. The opinions expressed are the sole opinion of the writer and do not necessarily reflect any policy or opinion of PMDA. PMDA does not ensure the accuracy, quality, reliability, or truthfulness of any content in messages posted to the Forum. PMDA does not control, endorse, or edit the content of any response to posted questions and issues.
At that time, listserv members may submit a question or topic issue to PMDA at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org The Forum manager will review the question for appropriateness, content and clarity and will post the message to the Forum. The manager will determine whether the message is appropriate for the Forum. If approved, the sender’s name will be removed before sending to the Forum. Forum participants can then reply to the posted message at their discretion. PMDA will not track or maintain an archive of message responses. To opt out of the listserve at any time, send an email to email@example.com with UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject line and your full name in the body of the email. Your request will be processed within 2 business days.
- Include a signature tag on all messages so members know who is responding. Include a phone number and address only if you welcome outside direct communication.
- Always “reply all” in response to messages, unless you intend private communication to a particular writer.
- Maintain confidentiality of all responses. Do not forward messages to individuals who are not members of the Forum. The Forum is a members only service.
- Posting should be pleasant and professional.
- The Forum is a professional discussion group. All members receive high volume e-mail. Please keep responses as brief as possible and to the point. Please avoid redundant content. Avoid unnecessary responses to the full listserve such as a brief “thank you” or “I agree” response unless called for by a particular topic. Brief responses to individual writers may be appropriate.
- Excessive humor, double entendres, cynicism, sarcasm, and slang are strongly discouraged.
- Do not post any copyright material.
- Do not post any advertisements, solicitations, or commercial messages of any kind.
- Do not forward chain letters to the Forum.
- Despite the intended confidentiality of the Forum, do not post anything that you would not want the world to see.
- Upon notification and confirmation of any violation of the rules by a participant, PMDA will remove the offending party from the listserv.