PMDA is an organization of long-term care professionals committed to the continuous improvement of quality care for Pennsylvanians across the long-term care continuum. PMDA will provide advocacy, education and professional development services for medical directors, physicians, nurse practitioners and other healthcare team members.
Medical Director opportunities
See our Classified Ads for 2 medical director opportunities in Pennsylvania
Member discussion board open for LTC questions/ideas
Current discussion topics - albumin benefit?, flu shot placebos, transitional codes, CHF management, epidemic management, wound care certification, signature requirements, labs and POA notification, and neurochecks. Login and discussion board instructions
New website additions
- POLST in Pennsylvania - a YouTube video for providers - the who, what, when and where about completing the POLST form
- Possible hydrocodone move to schedule 2 - from AMDA HPA: FDA panel vote
- CMS Antipsychotic decrease initiative - questions & answers @ pharmacy page
- Ethics in LTC - Ethics committee and discussion idease
- Smartphone applications in LTC
- AGS updated Beers criteria - potentially inappropriate meds in older patients
- New diabetes consensus statement for treatment of older adults with type 2 diabetes (from American Diabetes Association & American Geriatrics Society) - consider life expectancy and comorbidities. Glycohemoglobin goals vary from <7.5% to <8.5%, based on circumstances. Medscape article summary.
PMDA 2013 Symposium - Put it on your calendar - October 18 & 19, @ Hershey Lodge, Hershey PA. Now is the time to plan and design your poster presentation to share with your LTC colleagues. More program details to come.
PMDA welcomes your comments, suggestions, or additions to the updated website.
Click here to remove this content email subscription