The Pennsylvania Society for Poste-acute and Long-term Care Medicine is an organization of long-term care professionals committed to the continuous improvement of quality care for Pennsylvanians across the long-term care continuum. PMDA will provide advocacy, education and professional development services for medical directors, physicians, nurse practitioners and other healthcare team members.
2015 AMDA Core Curriculum Options
Part II is coming to Pennsylvania!
November 5-8: Part II Live, Philadelphia, PA
2015 PMDA Annual Symposium
Recently completed: October 16 - October 17, 2015
2015 PMDA Regional Meetings
November 5, 2015 - 6 PM, Norristown, Lancaster, Williamsport, Allison Park, Allentown
"Practical aspects of preventing re-hospitalizations"
- PMDA clinical practice guidelines - see recently released PMDA tools for LTC Diabetes Management flow sheet, PCP discharge fax form, and SNF to ED consultation form.
- Flu shot - regular or high dose? CDC, ACIP (and AMDA) have not made a specific recommendation. See AMDA information here.
- Medical director certification - Information and registration.
- Antipsychotic use resources:
- POLST in Pennsylvania - a YouTube video for providers - the who, what, when and where about completing the POLST form